Math Lessons Aligned with the Common Core
Games, activities, tools & widgets that make learning math fun!
Mathematical concepts build on top of each other, so it’s important that students engage with the material being taught. These math lesson plans for your Interactive Whiteboard are enriched with easy-to-understand visualizations and fun classroom activities that help engage students like never before. Topics covered include:
- Operations & Algebra
- Measurement & Data
- And more, including games & activities
Below we’ll highlight the lesson plans we offer for different grade levels. We also encourage you to browse our brain games, which include fun math-based games such as our Math Puzzles, Sudoku, and Connect the Dots – Multiplication.
Create a free Gynzy account today and begin exploring our math lesson plans, games & activities!
Math Lessons for K-2
Counting is one of the most important early math concepts young students need to be taught. This is a skill that lends itself well to the visual nature of an Interactive Whiteboard. Gynzy has many quality lessons that teach students to recognize and compare quantities, such as:
- Comparing quantities up to 10
- Know numbers up to 100
- Numbers to 50 on the number line
- Skip counting in 5s to 50
Along with learning to count and recognizing differences in quantities, Kindergarten and early primary school is a time for students to learn basic addition and subtraction. One great way to introduce this concept is with Number Bond Charts. We also have lessons dedicated to addition and subtraction such as:
- Addition to 20
- Decomposing and composing numbers to 10
- Number bond charts to 30
- Subtraction to 10 with three numbers
The ability to count money is a related skill that is also very important for students. Gynzy makes teaching students about currency easier than ever with our Money Drag widget, which lets you choose whatever denominations of coins and bills you’d like students to practice with. We also have lessons focused on money such as:
- Working with coins
- Working with bills and coins up to $20
- Working with bills up to $100
- Working with bills and coins up to $100
Still looking for ways to get your students excited about math? We recommend our Math and Movement lessons to get your students energized and ready to learn!
3 – 5 Math Lesson Plans
One subject that can seem intimidating to students are fractions, in part because they are difficult to visualize. Gynzy makes this subject more approachable with easy-to-use tools such as the Fraction Bar and Fraction Circle. We also offer numerous fraction lesson plans:
- Simplifying improper fractions to mixed numbers
- Adding fractions with different denominators
- Finding common denominations
- Converting improper fractions to mixed numbers after adding
- Calculating fractions as part of a whole
- Finding the whole given the part and the fraction
The concept of decimal points can be difficult for students to visualize for similar reasons as fractions. Math lesson plans that are enriched with widgets, illustrations and other multimedia can thus be a great way to teach students this concept. Gynzy has numerous lessons on decimals including:
- Rounding decimals to the nearest tenth
- Decimal numbers with 1 or 2 decimal places
- Intro to multiplication with decimals
- Composing decimal numbers to 1, 10, and 100
Gynzy also offers more advanced lesson plans for students in grades 6-8 that take these math concepts a bit further. Explore our math lessons to start enriching your math curriculum today!
Lesson Plans that Make Math Fun
Math lesson plans that are enriched with games & activities, clear visualizations, and other multimedia can help modern students get more comfortable learning math. Create a free Gynzy account today and begin exploring for yourself!