Learn what air is composed of and why air is so important.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
This is the seventh theme of the Terra Mission course. Students learn about air. The students learn what air is composed of and why air is so important. Then students learn what the nitrogen problem is and how photosynthesis works. They learn how deforestation and forest fires add to the problem. After that, students look at solutions to reduce air pollution and how they can contribute to lower CO₂ emissions.
- Introduction: Fill up a bag, only not with things.
- Instruction: What is air and what is it composed of? What is nitrogen and what consequences can we determine on nature, humans, and animals? What is photosynthesis and how do plants and trees help clean the air? What is deforestation and what are the consequences of it upon nature? How can you help to reduce CO₂ emissions?
- Practical assignment: Make a vlog about air.
- Closing: Discuss the learning goals and worksheet. Make arrangements with students on when they will work on their practical assignment.
- Outdoor experience: The difference between air in different places
- Extra: Assignment: The Amazon, films.
Plastic soup, polluted air, litter… Children are confronted with news about climate change and environmental problems on a daily basis. Awareness is the basis for change. Therefore, Life Terra is proud to present the first series of lessons in which children can learn how to actively contribute to a more sustainable society (amongst other things). The Terra Mission course covers 8 themes for ages 8-10 and 11-14. Each theme consists of a lesson on the interactive whiteboard, a teacher guide with an answer key, and a worksheet.
Read the teacher guide attached to the Mission Terra's introduction lesson for a general introduction and useful tips on how to use The Terra Mission course.
Save time building lessons
Manage the classroom more efficiently
Increase student engagement
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.