Learn about agriculture and some of the environmental problems it creates.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
This is the sixth theme of the Terra Mission course. Students learn about agriculture. They learn what types of agriculture there are and what environmental problems they can cause. Then the students learn what the nitrogen problem is. After that, they look at solutions to prevent food waste and learn how they themselves can be more conscious about food use.
- Introduction: Three sandwiches and you only eat two. What do you do with the third one?
- Instruction: What types of agriculture are there? What environmental problems can agriculture cause? What is the nitrogen problem? What can we do about it? How can we reduce food waste and what can you do to help?
- Practical assignment: Make a collage about agriculture
- Closing: Discuss the learning goals and worksheet. Make arrangements with students on when they will work on their practical assignment.
- Outdoor experience: Visit a (organic) farm or kitchen garden.
- Extra: Quiz, extra films and reading materials
Plastic soup, polluted air, litter… Children are confronted with news about climate change and environmental problems on a daily basis. Awareness is the basis for change. Therefore, Life Terra is proud to present the first series of lessons in which children can learn how to actively contribute to a more sustainable society (amongst other things). The Terra Mission course covers 8 themes for ages 8-10 and 11-14. Each theme consists of a lesson on the interactive whiteboard, a teacher guide with an answer key, and a worksheet.
Read the teacher guide attached to the Mission Terra's introduction lesson for a general introduction and useful tips on how to use The Terra Mission course.
Save time building lessons
Manage the classroom more efficiently
Increase student engagement
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.