Learn about water and about how our choices affect the oceans.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
This is the firth theme of the Terra Mission course. Students learn about water. They learn about the oceans and the effects of human behaviour on the oceans. They also learn how the water cycle works and how and where our drinking water comes from. After that, students look at solutions to save (drinking) water and learn how they themselves can use water more consciously.
- Introduction: Leave the tap running?
- Instruction: What oceans are there? What problems does people’s behaviour cause to the oceans? How does the water cycle work? Where do we get drinking water from? What ways can we save water? What can you do?
- Practical assignment: Share the problems and the solutions
- Closing: Discuss the learning goals and worksheet. Make arrangements with students on when they will work on their practical assignment.
- Outdoor experience: Collect rainwater
- Extra: Different types of water?, Drawing assignment: Life with water
Plastic soup, polluted air, litter… Children are confronted with news about climate change and environmental problems on a daily basis. Awareness is the basis for change. Therefore, Life Terra is proud to present the first series of lessons in which children can learn how to actively contribute to a more sustainable society (amongst other things). The Terra Mission course covers 8 themes for ages 8-10 and 11-14. Each theme consists of a lesson on the interactive whiteboard, a teacher guide with an answer key, and a worksheet.
Read the teacher guide attached to the Mission Terra's introduction lesson for a general introduction and useful tips on how to use The Terra Mission course.
Save time building lessons
Manage the classroom more efficiently
Increase student engagement
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.