Learn about how different types of economies affect the environment.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
This is the fourth theme of the Terra Mission course. Students learn what economics is, which cycles exist, and how different types of economies affect the environment. Then, the students learn about solutions such as circular (sustainable) working methods. Students then learn how they themselves can be more conscious when buying and throwing away things.
- Introduction: What should I do with it?
- Instruction: What is economy? What are the different types of economies? How do the different economies affect the environment? What solutions are there to this problem and how can you contribute?
- Practical assignment: Draw a cycle.
- Closing: Discuss the learning goals and worksheet. Make arrangements with students on when they will work on their practical assignment.
- Outdoor experience: Plan a visit to (or online meeting with) a company that works in a sustainable way according to the circular economy.
- Extra: Hangman, Swap Meet, Energizers.
Plastic soup, polluted air, litter… Children are confronted with news about climate change and environmental problems on a daily basis. Awareness is the basis for change. Therefore, Life Terra is proud to present the first series of lessons in which children can learn how to actively contribute to a more sustainable society (amongst other things). The Terra Mission course covers 8 themes for ages 8-10 and 11-14. Each theme consists of a lesson on the interactive whiteboard, a teacher guide with an answer key, and a worksheet.
Read the teacher guide attached to the Mission Terra's introduction lesson for a general introduction and useful tips on how to use The Terra Mission course.
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.