Learn about waste and what the waste problem is.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
This is the third theme of the Terra Mission course. Students learn what waste is and what the waste problem is. They also learn about litter and how plastic plays a major role in this, and how it leads to the creation of plastic soup. Then the students learn about a solution with The Ocean Cleanup by Boyan Slat and the separation of waste. Students then learn how they can contribute to solutions for the waste problem.
- Introduction: What needs to happen to all this waste?
- Instruction: What is the waste problem? How did it come about and what role does plastic play in this problem? What solutions are there to this problem and how can you contribute?
- Practical assignment: Make a ‘reduce-your-plastic-waste’ poster
- Closing: Discuss the learning goals and worksheet. Make arrangements with students on when they will work on their practical assignment.
- Outdoor experience: Students collect litter in the area around school and then separate the waste.
- Extra: Statements, Give plastic waste a new purpose, films.
Plastic soup, polluted air, litter… Children are confronted with news about climate change and environmental problems on a daily basis. Awareness is the basis for change. Therefore, Life Terra is proud to present the first series of lessons in which children can learn how to actively contribute to a more sustainable society (amongst other things). The Terra Mission course covers 8 themes for ages 8-10 and 11-14. Each theme consists of a lesson on the interactive whiteboard, a teacher guide with an answer key, and a worksheet.
Read the teacher guide attached to the Mission Terra's introduction lesson for a general introduction and useful tips on how to use The Terra Mission course.
Save time building lessons
Manage the classroom more efficiently
Increase student engagement
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.