Learn about climate change, how it occurs and what problems it causes.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
This is the first theme of the Terra Mission course. Students learn what climate change is, how it occurs and what problems it causes. They then learn what solutions exist and how they can contribute to these solutions.
- Introduction: Activate prior knowledge with a word web.
- Instruction: What is climate change? What brings about the greenhouse effect? How can we reduce CO2 emissions?
- Practical assignment: Make a collage
- Closing: Discuss the learning goals and worksheet. Make arrangements with students on when they will work on their practical assignment.
- Outdoor experience: Greenhouse effect experiment
- Extra: Hangman, Statements, Shower diary, films.
Plastic soup, polluted air, litter… Children are confronted with news about climate change and environmental problems on a daily basis. Awareness is the basis for change. Therefore, Life Terra is proud to present the first series of lessons in which children can learn how to actively contribute to a more sustainable society (amongst other things). The Terra Mission course covers 8 themes for ages 8-10 and 11-14. Each theme consists of a lesson on the interactive whiteboard, a teacher guide with an answer key, and a worksheet.
Read the teacher guide attached to the Mission Terra's introduction lesson for a general introduction and useful tips on how to use The Terra Mission course.
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.