A versatile instruction tool for teaching clocks and telling time.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
With this tool, you can teach various aspects of both the digital and analog clock like telling time or calculating time difference. You can display 1 or 2 clocks, and choose if they are digital or analog. Each clock type has a set of available options to help teach important clock concepts. This tool can be used to teach a wide range of learning objectives. Use the tool to teach the functions of the clock hands, the relation between the digital and analog clock, calculating time difference, telling time with Roman numerals or no numerals at all, and more.
Use the 'new time' button to generate a random new time.
Either drag the analog clock hands or use the + and - buttons to change the time.
Access the settings using the gear icon (⚙) in the bottom left corner of the tool. In the settings, you can enable or disable any combination of the options below:
• Watch face: Numerals, Roman numerals, no numerals
• Hands: Hour hand, Minute hand, Second hand
• Extra options: Colored hands, Transparent hands, Areas past/to, Minutes on the border, 24-hour numerals, Colored numbers
• Options: 12-hour notation, 24-hour notation, colored hours and minutes
These options apply to both clocks in the tool.
• Rounding time: 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, half hours, hours (the interval in which the time changes)
• Color preference: red for hours and blue for minutes, blue for hours and red for minutes
• Use 2 analog or digital clocks to calculate the time difference.
• Set a time on 1 clock and ask students to set the second clock to a given added or subtracted time.
Save time building lessons
Manage the classroom more efficiently
Increase student engagement
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.