After you have opened a Game Show via the overview or in a saved lesson, you can play immediately. Select the number of teams playing as well as their team names and colors by going to the ‘Settings’ button.
Standard Game rules:
- Select 1 person as the game host; usually this is the Teacher.
- Divide the students into teams. You may have the team select a team captain, or have the students be spokesperson in turn.
- Select a team to start. The captain/spokesperson selects a category and question. For example, they might say: “We’d like Geography for 30 points please.”
- The game host displays the question by selecting the square.
- The game host may determine how points are distributed. For example, you may allow each team to discuss and determine an answer but the team who selected the question gets to answer first. Each team writes their answer on a mini whiteboard (or sheet of paper) in a determined amount of time.
- The team captain/spokesperson shares their answer with the class and the game host displays the answer by selecting ‘show answer.’
- The rest of the teams may also show their answers. Points are then assigned: full points for correct answers, half points for partially correct answers, and no points for incorrect answers.
- The team that received full points may now select a category and question.
- The game continues until all questions have been asked.
- The team that scores the most points, wins!
- You can choose to award half points to any team with the correct answer to encourage engagement.
- You may also have teams divide into specialist categories, so one student is responsible for a specific category of questions.