The tool we are covering this time is our Classroom Floorplanner, which will help get you organized before school starts! With this resource you can easily plan where all your students will sit and where objects like chairs and filing cabinets will go.
1. After opening the tool for the first time, the “settings” screen will open automatically with the message “You have not created any floor plans yet, click here to create your first floor plan”. Click as indicated to get started with the tool!
- Select an existing student list (*Please refer to our other guide on adding student lists if you need more info on this.)
- Create a new student list
- Or, continue without using a student list (*Use this option if you don’t plan to assign seats.)
3. After selecting the desired list, you’ll then get this screen where you can choose how your students’ names will appear on your floor plan:
- A desk with a name
- Or just a name (label)
- You can easily print out your floor plan! Press the page number button on the far right of the Gynzy toolbar and then press the “print page” button.
- You can also add temporary annotations on-top of your floor plan to make note of any specific instructions or information needed for that particular day. Just use the pen widget to write or draw over certain areas of the floor plan. You can also highlight student desks by double pressing or clicking on them, the color of the table or desk will then change.
- Lastly, check out the handy “Shuffle students” button to randomly shuffle all of your student’s seating assignments. You will find the “shuffle” option at the top right of the student names box. FYI -If you went the “Desk with name” route and then changed the color of a certain student’s desk, that student will keep that color even after the shuffle.