Learn why trees are important for us and the environment.
8,000 schools use Gynzy
92,000 teachers use Gynzy
1,600,000 students use Gynzy
This is the eighth theme of the Terra Mission course. Students learn about trees. The students learn about the types of trees, the components of a tree and what a forest is. Then they learn how important trees are for us and the environment. After that, students look at solutions to combat global warming and become aware that planting trees can help.
- Introduction: Waste of paper?
- Instruction: What parts does a tree consist of? What types of trees are there? When are trees a forest? What is photosynthesis and why are trees so important for us? What is deforestation and what are the consequences for our climate? How can planting trees help improve the climate?
- Practical assignment: Examine a tree
- Closing: Discuss the learning goals and worksheet. Make arrangements with students on when they will work on their practical assignment.
- Outdoor experience: Take a walk: what do you see?
- Extra: Game: Tree-tag, Choice assignment, films.
Plastic soup, polluted air, litter… Children are confronted with news about climate change and environmental problems on a daily basis. Awareness is the basis for change. Therefore, Life Terra is proud to present the first series of lessons in which children can learn how to actively contribute to a more sustainable society (amongst other things). The Terra Mission course covers 8 themes for ages 8-10 and 11-14. Each theme consists of a lesson on the interactive whiteboard, a teacher guide with an answer key, and a worksheet.
Read the teacher guide attached to the Mission Terra's introduction lesson for a general introduction and useful tips on how to use The Terra Mission course.
Save time building lessons
Manage the classroom more efficiently
Increase student engagement
Gynzy is an online teaching platform for interactive whiteboards and displays in schools.
With a focus on elementary education, Gynzy’s Whiteboard, digital tools, and activities make it easy for teachers to save time building lessons, increase student engagement, and make classroom management more efficient.