New York City based edtech scale-up Gynzy is currently seeking a talented Customer Support Specialist to join their quickly growing team. Are you looking for a role with autonomy, ownership, and flexibility? Would you like to lend your experience toward social good? Then this may be the role for you!
What will you do?
Every day, Gynzy is used in over 1,000 schools in the US and this number is quickly growing. To improve the client experience, we are hiring a person to strengthen our support team. Are you passionate about user satisfaction and superb support? Do you want to make an impact on K-8 education?
The school and teacher support team is critical to our organization. You will be supporting schools with commercial questions about the software, help administrators in onboarding teachers, and steward teachers in the use of our solution and creating engaging experiences for their students.
What is Gynzy?
Gynzy is a platform for teachers and students, grades K-8, which allows teachers to get the most out of their Interactive Whiteboard. With ready-made presentations and lesson plans, teachers can save a lot of time! Gynzy offers a very user-friendly, teacher-driven platform to create, customize, and present lessons.
What are your skills?
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, friendly, professional and loves to be part of a dedicated team. You need to be a quick learner and be comfortable wearing multiple hats in a constantly evolving environment. The Customer Support Specialist will also be an ambassador of Gynzy for the US market, as you are the voice of our company.
Ideally, you have had experience in client support for a SaaS solution or you have a teaching background and want to help other teachers in the usage of technology. Next to this, you’re passionate about client happiness, you enjoy supporting teachers in their quest to be more engaged with their students, and you embrace the challenge to turn schools into paying customers.
What will be your job?
The job will consist of supporting teachers in the use of our solutions and inspire them in creating engaging classroom experiences for their students. You will create and maintain FAQ with articles and videos about best practices and support topics.
There will be a commercial aspect to the job, as schools that have multiple active teachers, need to be converted into paying customers. You will process orders and maintain our client database.
Happy teachers will promote Gynzy to their colleagues, which in turn creates commercial opportunities to expand the use of our software within the school or even the district.
You will collaborate with the product team, educationalists and designers in the US and the Netherlands to ensure a student and teacher-friendly environment that is stimulating and effective.
Client contact is over mail, phone, chat, and video conference.
What do we expect?
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven customer support experience
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Passion for technology and software
- Understanding of K-8 education
- Ability to gauge, adapt and respond to different types of characters.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Detailed and strong in administration
- Commercially driven and not shy to discuss commercial terms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Brooklyn, NY
What do we offer?
- Become part of a great international team with a mission to improve education
- A challenging job within a highly motivated workforce
- Impact on 100,000+ teachers in the US and Europe
- Opportunity to take on responsibility and self manage
- Room to expand your communication skills, build commercial experience and gain K-8/Edtech expertise in a young and dynamic company
- Competitive salary
- 20 vacation days per year
Please send your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.